XPages partial refresh issue in Domino 10.0.1

A couple of days ago I tweeted about an XPages partial refresh issue I ran into in Domino 10.0.1. I got it on a freshly installed Domino 10.0.1 server with our main XPages app on it. Within a couple of clicks it started throwing errors, so I was kind of disappointed.

Did some more investigation and was able to reproduce the issue in an isolated sample .

IBM/ HCL support read my tweet and got in touch (+1 for that!). Created a case for this issue and I must honestly say that they handled very well.

Turns out that the error handling for partial refreshes has changed in v10. I didn’t know that and you probably did neither. It’s more strict in v10 and will throw an error in some specific scenarios (like my example that worked perfectly in 9.0.1).

The solution/ workaround is to revert to the way errors are handled (or are actually NOT handled 😉 )  in 9.0.1 by adding this to your XSP properties in the NSF:

xsp.error.disable.detection.set01=true

They told me that a technote that explains this in more detail is on the way.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

3 + 5 =