Error while using sessionAsSigner calls

Yesterday, apparently for no reason, I started getting all errors in my XPage application. Investigating it more I found out that the root cause was a problem with the sessionAsSigner function. The error I was getting was:

‘sessionAsSigner’ not found

So I started thinking what changed in the last week and might have caused this error. I made no configuration changes and performed no updates. The only thing I changed was that I started using the server with another user ID. I looked into the security and authentication settings and found absolutely no differences between the user ID’s.

After some more investigating I stumbled across a tweet from a user called HinkyMinky:

I resigned the database with my new user ID and all problems were solved!