After some digging I found out that the TaskJam app from Elguji Software does have a SSJS library to be able to log messages from to the OpenLog database. To use it:
- Download the OpenLog database and copy it to your server.
- Download TaskJam.
- Copy the OpenLogXPages script library from the TaskJam template to your XPage application.
- Open your copy of the OpenLogXPages script library and update the variable “logDbPath” to reflect the path and location of your OpenLog database.
- The OpenLogXPages script library contains code specifically for TaskJam that tries to retrieve the location of the log database from a view called vwControlPanel: disable that code.
- On two places in the script library a variable called location is set to session.getURL(); if not specified. This is used in the log entries to show were the message came from. Since that property doesn’t always return the correct location, I”ve changed it to view
.get Page Name () ;
- Add the OpenLogXpages script library to every page you want to debug/ log information. You can do this by adding a “resource” to basic/ resources property of your XPage or Custom Control (clientSide = false, location = /Ope
nLog XPag es.j ss). I’ve added the library to a Custom Control that is loaded on every XPage.
You’re now able to log events or error messages in your SSJS code by using:
log.logEvent( "Hello world" ); log.logError( e.toString(), null, e );
Since you’ve already downloaded TaskJam: don’t forget to have a look at it. It contains some good examples of how to use XPages.